Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rickfeser
Frequent Visitor

Couldn't load the data for this visual (but refreshes correctly in Power BI desktop)

Hello, I have a report that has visualizations that load and refresh properly in Power BI desktop but I get the error below when I try to view them in Power BI online. Has anyone else run into this error?

Couldn't load the data for this visual

Cannot query internal supporting structures for column 'Internal_Sales_Transactions'[P.1 Arbitrage Type] because they depend on a column, relationship, or measure that is not processed. Please refresh or recalculate the model.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity ID31e38ff5-db95-ca5e-6b56-fafd4794b519
Request IDfe4c5c53-ae1b-7ff8-25e8-660852f56e01
Correlation IDdb6bfe5a-102b-35a8-3635-3af36b1c6a68
TimeFri Mar 31 2017 14:21:26 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time)
Version13.0.1700.1649

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@rickfeser

Can the issue be resolved by connecting to a personal gateway?

You can also try to delete the dataset and report which published to PBI Service previously, and then republish the new one.

Best Regards,
Herbert

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
rickfeser
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately, we are having issues installing the personal gateway on the virtual machine. So, I don't know if that would resolve the issue.

The good news is that deleting the dataset from the group workspace and republishing has worked. Thanks for the help!

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@rickfeser

Can the issue be resolved by connecting to a personal gateway?

You can also try to delete the dataset and report which published to PBI Service previously, and then republish the new one.

Best Regards,
Herbert

rickfeser
Frequent Visitor

Yes, it was a republish of an existing dataset. We've built several other models with data connections to the same servers that have successfully been published and republished to the same gateway. We are going to try connecting to a personal gateway to see if that can be used as a workaround.

Was this after publishing to Service and choosing the option to replace/overwrite an existing dataset? I've been dealing with a PBIX where I'll make data model changes and re-publish to Service, but the replace option doesn't actually work the first time. The new columns or measures are not deployed to the dataset, but visual and filter changes *are* deployed to the report. Publishing *again* from Desktop and choosing the replace option both times updates the dataset in Service.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors