Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Borntoreport
Helper II
Helper II

Content pack error failed validation

Hello community,

since yesterday we can not refresh some of our content packs any more. We receive the following error "The following groups have failed validation" and refer to the group i want to publish to:

"The following groups have failed validation: EditGroupUrl..PhotoUrl...PeopleUrl...CalendarUrl...InboxUrl". The groups still exist and nothing has changed. Any ideas? Did any of you have the same issue?

Best regards!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Borntoreport,

Based on test, current I can update my app.
How about yours?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
AndreasGS
Frequent Visitor

It is still not working for me. "The following groups have failed validation" with a list of emails, but the emails its complaining about arent groups, its individual persons emails.

HI @AndreasGS,

Maybe you can post at new thread and share some detail informations for your scenario.
BTW, you can also submit a support ticket for this issue.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Borntoreport,

Based on test, current I can update my app.
How about yours?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Hey Xiaoxin ,

thank you for your note! I have tested it as well and now it is working again.

Best regards

Jmcgrath
Frequent Visitor

I have same issue.  I deleted group causing error from access and added emails from that group individually for access as a work around until problem solved.

AndreasGS
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem. I cannot update content packs. This needs a fix quickly.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Borntoreport,

I'd like to suggest you create a support ticket with detail error log, screenshots, trace logs as attachments to help us to troubleshooting this issue.

Power bi Support

Support Ticket.gif

Telerik Fiddler

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Thank you for our support! I have seen that the issue is already accepted: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Error-message-when-I-try-to-update-any-Content-Pack/idi-p/31...

taylorbp
Frequent Visitor

We are experiencing the same issue anytime we have to update a content pack.

-Taylor

JulienReny
Regular Visitor

Hi Microsoft, this is pretty URGENT.

Users cannot see their sales of the week data. Can you please check it out ASAP please!

2017-12-05 09_27_27-Power BI - Internet Explorer.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please report this as an Issue. Follow this link https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

jd88
Regular Visitor

Hi, we are having the same issue here. Would be great to here from a Microsoft Rep

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors