Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Thunderson

Column width on the Dashboard

Hi there,

I've created some reports in Power BI desktop, published them and tried to design a Dashboard.

In the reports the columns of all tables are fine in the width (article-no, item-name, quantity, value, average), but on the dashboard all columns are displayed with the same width and now I can't read only the first letters of my item-names and the column with the quantities are way to wide.

Is there a chance to adapt the width of each single column in the dashboard (like in reports)?

thx for the help

6 REPLIES 6
Khristian
Advocate II
Advocate II

Well, with the resent update, you most use the new matrix preview, active the wrap word, and... is fixed!

Regards!

Thunderson

Hi there,

I've created some reports in Power BI Desktop, published them and designed the Dashobards.

Is there a way to change the width of the single columns of the tables in the Dashboard?

In the reports every width is related to the content, (article-no, item-name, quantity, value, average-price). On the dashobard every column has the same width and so I can't read the full names of my products, and the quantity column is way to large....

thx for the help!

Hi @Thunderson,

I can reproduce your issue, I found a document which told about resize the tile, perhaps you can take a look at following link:

Dashboard tiles in Power BI

In addition, you can also take a look at below link which mentioned about the tile resize issue.

Font size is much larger in Dashboard view.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft,

thanks for your answer. Resizing of the column in the report works fine (anyway the application choose the correct widht depending on the content of the table), but this doesn't work on the Dashboard.

Is there any other opportunity to change the column width at the Dashboard?

I've tried on macOS Sierra (Safari, Chrome & Firefox) and on Windows 7 with Power BI Desktop (to create all the reports) with Fireforx, Chrome & Internet Explorer. With each OS & Browser the same problem.

At the moment my Dashboard need to be displays on 2 screens to visualize all needed information 😕

thx in advance!

Hi @Thunderson,

I can reproduce this issue, I will post submit it to power bi team to confirm it and update here when I got the feedback.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I have the same problem, but it applies to both dashboard AND reports.  In short...  NO COLUMN can be widened or narrowed.  Even if you go to FOCUS on the tile (of the report) you cannot make the columns wider.  I actually need to export the data to excel then format the columns.

I am sure it 'used to' work.  It seems it stopped working in the last couple of months.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors