Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

HarRuc
Regular Visitor

Collaboration on non company email addresses?

We are small startup looking to use BI tools and PowerBi seems like an aweseom solution. Some of the part time staff do not have company email address. How do I share PowerBi workspace with them? We are on free tier.

Additonally free tier says 1GB/user. Is it 1GB of upload for data file into workspace OR its total size of data streamed via embed OR?What if I upload all data files first to say Azure SQL and then connect PowerBI with it? Does that changes any pricing?

How does user gets defined? Is it the person interacting with PowerBI workspace who have login to powerBI dashboard, OR somehow unique users coming to our website?

I am on Macbook, and looks like there is no desktop version for mac machines yet. Do you have any plans for it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Currently you can't collaborate unless they have the same email domain. Can you simply create an email address for them in your domain ?  You only need it to receive and confirm subscription (and password resets).  Alternatively I have purchased a new domain $20 per year and used that for this type of cross company sharing. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

1GB of stored data. This is a massive amount given power pivot data is compressed. This equals about 6GB of uncompressed data. I have a report for a client that has 60 million rows of data, and it is 300MB

Power pivot stores the data in power bi. You can use direct query to Azure and that would not be counted as data

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Anyone with an account on the same day may all have general access has been available to them. All you need to do is add their name to the list Read my article on power bi sharing http://exceleratorbi.com.au/top-tips-for-sharing-content-using-power-bi/

Yes there is no Internet version as of today. If you go to ideas.powerbi.com and search for MacBook then maybe a suggestion for this is there already. If you find it it will tell you been considered

Currently you can't collaborate unless they have the same email domain. Can you simply create an email address for them in your domain ?  You only need it to receive and confirm subscription (and password resets).  Alternatively I have purchased a new domain $20 per year and used that for this type of cross company sharing. 

Thanks Matt.  I will consider buying email for folks.

Any guidance on other questions I have? I know I have too many newbie questions in just one post 🙂 Thanks for your help in advance

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors