Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DavidKett
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Changing App Workspace Settings in Office 365

After a lot of testing I have found out that based on your Office 365 subscription, you have different application functionality and menu items within Power BI. 

Because of this one of our customers cannot edit the Icon for a Power BI workspace or any other settings that are outlined in the Power BI documentation for changing workspace setting in Power BI inside of Office 365, found here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-manage-your-group-in-power-bi-and-...

It is not fair of Microsoft to require someone to have another product license to perform basic changes to settings within Power BI when that person is a paying customer of Power BI and Office 365.  

Can someone at Microsoft please tell me why there is inaccurate and unsupported documentation on the official Power BI documentation webpage.  Additionally, what should I tell my client and Microsoft's customer in regards to how she should change the settings of her workspaces if she does not have an Office365 subscription that includes other specific Microsoft software applications?

For example, they have Office365 ProPlus with Power BI Pro and can not see the Members, Calendar, and Conversation links in the workspace navigation menu that is shown in screenshots on this page: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-manage-your-group-in-power-bi-and-... .

2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @DavidKett

I have experienced this also and what it came down to is as you have found out below. Because I did not have ANY Office 365 offering when I signed up to Power BI, I did not get those extra links.

What I found in my personal opnion is that it was due to my Office 365 tenant not having Exchange Online enabled. As all of those features are related to Exchange Online.

I would like to think, as per the Apps roadmap that once they remove the restiction of creating Office 365 Groups when creating App Workspaces, this will then enable the App workspace to work as intended.

Here is a link to the Apps Roadmap

Power BI Apps

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

In addition, David has add this as an idea on Power BI Ideas here. We can vote it up and add comments there to improve Power BI on this feature. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors