Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Changing App Icons

Hello,

I'm trying to change the icon for an app, and my changes are not reflected in app.powerbi.com.

The process is already convoluted.  I went to the O365 group associated with the workspace according to the articles I found online:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-create-distribute-apps#add-an-image-to-your-app-op...

However, there was no pencil icon to change the icon.  So I followed another article which said you can change it via Teams.  So I went to teams, added the team associated with the workspace, and from there I was able to change the icon.

The change flowed through to the O365 group...  but not app.powerbi.com.  It's still just the regular "three squares" icon.  Even after republishing the app.

Am I missing something?  It seems like such a basic feature, but it's a riddle trying to make it happen.

9 REPLIES 9
Molotch
Helper II
Helper II

Did you ever file a support ticket? I have the same issue, the app icon is changed in the group and the change reflects in the Workgroup area but not in the app icon in the Apps area.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not me personally, but another developer where I work has been researching this and was going to submit a ticket.  When I know more I'll update this thread.

My app icon just updated. Took a few days then all of the sudden it also showed up in the Apps category.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Can you ensure you have enough permission to modify your group settings? I test on my group(admin right) without any issue.

3.gif

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im the owner of the group. Im not sure how else to check permissions.

But like I said, I could change via Teams and the change was reflected on the group. Its just doesnt sync over to the Power BI App.

Hi @Anonymous,

>>But like I said, I could change via Teams and the change was reflected on the group. Its just doesnt sync over to the Power BI App.

I'm not so sure why it not sync to power bi, I test to update the icon of my app workspace and it updated quickly.

Maybe you can try to clean up your browser cache data or use other browser to test.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update - I tried multiple browsers and clearing cache did not help.

Hi @Anonymous,

Since I can't reproduce your issue, I'd like to suggest you submit a support ticket for this issue with the trace logs as contents.

Submit a support ticketSubmit a support ticket

Telerik Fiddler

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors