Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chrisgehm
Helper III
Helper III

Card is not updating in Dashboard

Hi everyone!

I have a report created with the desktop client. In the report I have 1 card wich changes its value deppending on a date filter.

Example: Date filter: From November 1 to November 30 the card value is 10, but from October 1 to October 31, the card value is 20.

That works great in my report.

But when I pin the card visualization in my dashboard in Power BI web, that value does not update, it's static.

Is there any way to uptdate the card value according to what I have in the desktop version at the moment I update?

Example. I apply the filter for October, card value is 20 and I publish. Dashboard shows 20.

Then I apply filter for November, card value is 10 and I publish.
The dashboard always show 20, not 10.

Sorry for my bad English

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@chrisgehm

There will be an icon at the top left center of your report space that is shaped like a push pin and says "Pin Live Page". Click that icon and select the dashboard you would like to pin it to. then, navigate to that dashboard to resize and move the pin.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even i am facing similar issue, some cards are not updating as per date slicer, taking old data. Facing this issue after 2021 Oct update. Please suggest.

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

pinned visuals are static. Only pinned live pages are dynamic. 

@kcantor Hi, thanks for the answer! So... how do I pin a live page?

@chrisgehm

There will be an icon at the top left center of your report space that is shaped like a push pin and says "Pin Live Page". Click that icon and select the dashboard you would like to pin it to. then, navigate to that dashboard to resize and move the pin.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors