Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bolabuga
Helper V
Helper V

Cant load anything on report view - HELP!

Hello Everyone.

I have a coworker friend, and hes PC is not working with powerbi desktop. Every visual is saying "Its not possible to show the Visual", and the details button is saying "It was not possible to recuperate the data for this visual, try later".

What is most strange, for me at least, is that even if you try to start a new work, from the ground, anything you try to put on a visual will give this same error shown in the screenshots.

His PC was formatted recently, before that, power bi desktop worked very well. 

1.gif2.gif

6 REPLIES 6
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @bolabuga,

It seems you used an old version of Power BI Desktop. According to your description, maybe you need to reinstall the Power BI Desktop and upgrade it at the same time. 

1. Download the latest Power BI from the official site: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331.

2. Uninstall all the installed Power BI.

3. Restart PC.

4. Install the latest version. ("Run as administrator" may be needed). If you have a x64 OS, use Power BI x64 please.

Have a try please. Anyway, this issue is odd.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-jiascu-msft
My friend did as instructed, but it didnt work. We are starting to think that something is missing in the recent formating and installation of windows. He will request a new installation of windows, maybe using a diiferent version if possible. And after that we hope everything related to power bi desktop work as before.

@v-jiascu-msft, thks for the reply.

I sent your recomendations to my friend, but couldnt talk to him today. Tomorrow i will ask him if it worked!!!

Thanks for the reply again!!! 

bolabuga
Helper V
Helper V

Can a admin move the topic to the right forum?? thks!!!

CahabaData
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

well you've posted this to Service - but the topic looks like Desktop

that's okay - - is the data truly in the .pbix file?  if it were a direct query then it needs the link

can he look at the tables?

www.CahabaData.com

Yes, he can look at the tables in the data tab.

But even if you dont use the .pbix file on the screenshot and start a new from the ground work, everything you thrown at any visual gives the same problem. we tried to install 2 versions of x64 power bi desktop and 1 version 32bits. But everything we try show the same problem, like something needed for power bi to show the visual graphics needed to be installed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors