Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jsvobodacz

Cannot see Streaming Datasets option

Hi,

Does anybody know why I cannot see the same as in the following tutorial: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-real-time-streaming

My PowerBI service app looks like this:

pbi.png

Why is that?

Also, I cannot create any workspaces, it always fails:

workspace_creating.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@jsvobodacz The streaming dataset can be created from "Datasets", not get data. Go to your Datasets, Click "Create" in the upper right and you will see "Streaming dataset" as an option.

In order to create an App workspace, you need a Pro license. If you have a Pro license, it is possible for your Office 365 admin team to disable the ability to create an App Workspace (Office 365 group).

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@jsvobodacz The streaming dataset can be created from "Datasets", not get data. Go to your Datasets, Click "Create" in the upper right and you will see "Streaming dataset" as an option.

In order to create an App workspace, you need a Pro license. If you have a Pro license, it is possible for your Office 365 admin team to disable the ability to create an App Workspace (Office 365 group).

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks! This is correct for both issues. 

I just could not get around this "get data" until I saw a "skip for now" link and then the option to create and choose streaming data set appeared.Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors