Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

blapsin
Frequent Visitor

Cannot Sign Up - Prove. You're. Not. A. Robot.

Hi, 

My colleagues are not able to complete the process of signing up for their Power BI accounts as the phone verification keeps failing. We have tried multiple numbers both mobile and landline, selected text and call and played around with including and dropping the leading zero in the numbers but no dice.

Is this a recognised issue, and how can we get around this?

Thank youpbi login problems.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
chass
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Was just told this should be now be resolved
Chuck Sterling

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
RhynPromnitz

I am having the same issue. No new users are able to sign up.

Same problem here. Trying to demo some new funky reporting to the powers that make the decisions and I've had to postpone my demo because I can't get them registered! Not a great way to start trying to sell a new product 😕

bluestonewales
Frequent Visitor

Hi ,

We're getting the same issue. It's a real pain, the old system of sending an email to the user's email address with a verification code worked great. Microsoft please revert to the old system .

Simon

Spent a little time trying again today- still no luck.

Have been trawling MS help sections to find a way to report this but have been unsuccessful- anyone know where I can log this with MS directly as it doesn't look like this forum is going to provide a solution anytime soon.

Final thought- where are you all based? I'm in the UK and wonder if it is a certain region only that is affected.

chass
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

At the bottom of the page http://support.powerbi.com you can create a support ticket
Chuck Sterling
blapsin
Frequent Visitor

Sometimes what you are looking for is hiding in plain sight...

Thanks.

chass
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Was just told this should be now be resolved
Chuck Sterling

Hi,

Have got a number of users on Power BI and all was working well. As of yesterday the system for creating new free accounts appears to have stopped working, previously typed in an email address, received a verification code (via email) and then you were away.

Now it asks for a phone number to either text or call to prove we are not robots. Have tried a number of different phone numbers and none of them recieve any form of verification and it stays on that page and says try again later.

Any ideas on how to get it to work.

(We are based in the UK so am choosing 44 UK and omitting the 0 at the start of the mobile phone number).

(We have tried multiple machines and multiple mobile numbers)

Regards

Simon

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors