Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Akahn
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Can't share dashboards

when we click the share button on a dashboard, nothing happens. Problem happens when clicking the share button on the top right or via the dashboard elipses on the navigation pane. We've recreated the problem on multiple accounts and computers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Akahn

@Akahn wrote:

I can't even get that far! I have the paid version, and I can't even get the sharing button to pop up a window!

Have you tried in different explorers? How is it going in another network, say, in you home PC.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
renehhc

Does anyone knows if this is fixed?

Thanks!

chass
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Yes it has been fixed

Chuck Sterling
Rlee
Regular Visitor

How has it been fixed? what was the solution to the non-responding share button?

rgds, Ruud

renehhc

Does anyone knows if this is fixed?

Thanks!

Same issue here, got a lot of clients complaining about this.

Any workaround?

chass
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

smithnb
Advocate I
Advocate I

I'm still having issues with the button not working. 

henben
Regular Visitor

Same issue, tried IE, Chrome and Opera. clicking on share does not work. I am admin on PBI

@Tishchenko

Thanks for uploading a demo video, however I just download the lasted chrome and the share button works.

@henben

@Akahn

@Bhartman30

Thank for your feedback, the PG team has been tracking this problem. Check Please fix the following issue with Power BI.

Bhartman30
Advocate II
Advocate II

Experiencing the same issue today as well!

NV
Advocate I
Advocate I

Same problems here. In one of the tenants I have access to, this exact problem started to occurr. A couple of dashboards do not even have the share button and the ones that have, do not work ie. clicking them does nothing and its cross-browser.

We also are experiencing other related issues when sharing to outside users. Please comment to the following thread if you are having trouble sharing to outside users: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Something-not-right-when-sharing-to-outside-users/m-p/60123

mihart
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Are these dashboards that have been shared with you?  Do you see a sharing icon to the left of the dashboard name?

Michele

@mihart, no they're my group dashboards, many of which I uploaded myself. I'm an admin for the group.

JocelynLu
Regular Visitor

I'm also having problems with sharing my Dashboard with individuals "outside of my organization". The Share button is grayed out until I type an e-mail address, and then it only becomes clickable if the emails are people within my organization.

For people outside of my organization, this error pops up "One or more emial addresses are outside of your organization", and the Share button remains grayed out. 

I'm using the free Power BI service, and I'm sharing to indivdiuals that are also only using the free version. 

I can't even get that far! I have the paid version, and I can't even get the sharing button to pop up a window!

@Akahn

@Akahn wrote:

Have you tried in different explorers? How is it going in another network, say, in you home PC.

It seems to be a google chrome bug. Sharing worked in IE.

@Eric_Zhang @Akahn Share dashboard BUG (Chrome, Edge)

Sorry can't aid in why your button isn't active - only can add that there is potentially a work-around using the Publish To Web feature as an alternate -or- even just copy the url at the top of your dashboard browser frame - and email that.  It worked for me in that the security features of Power BI Share were not an issue. 

My Share works in-house (same email domain) but hasn't yet worked to an outside non public domain that I own.  However I haven't yet fully explored whether spam filters are potentially involved - so the problem is different that what you folks post because the button does work at least - just the email is not being received at the far end.

If you need row level security and such - my band aid is not the solution....  it is only a quick & dirty work-around...

www.CahabaData.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors