Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cathryn
Helper III
Helper III

Can't see content pack OR apps that I've shared

Hi all

I'm trying to test the content packs and apps and I've created both a content pack and an app in a workspace that I am an admin on.

I shared both with just me

I then created a testing workspace to pull the content pack into or the app so I can see what it does.  But, neither are showing up 

Steps:

Created a content pack with associated reports and datasets and called it 'Azure Utilization Content Pack'

shared it with myself

Created a new workspace called 'testworkspace'

went to 'Get Data' under 'My organization'

Nothing shows up to get.

If I go to 'My Workspace' I can see the content pack

I want to create a group workspace to pull all the Azure Reports into for users so they don't go into our Admin group space.  I don't want to have to upload each report to the new workspace to do this.

What am I doing wrong?  Both the workspace and the content pack have the same permissions.

If this isn't the correct way to do this, what is?  I've read the documentation and thought this was the way to do it.

Thanks

Cathryn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Cathryn,

You need to publish the organizational content pack 'Azure Utilization Content Pack' to the new workspace called 'testworkspace', then you can get data from this organizational content pack in the new workspace 'testworkspace'. If you publish the organizational content pack to a user (user1@contoso.com), this user can only get this content pack in My Workspace.

After you publish the app, we can't get this app in any app workspace. We need to go to Apps -> Get apps or get a direct link from the app author to install the app. With apps, you needn't to create a new workspace to host those contents, every user has permission to access published app can view its content directly. See: Install an app

Best Regards,

QiuyunYu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Cathryn,

You need to publish the organizational content pack 'Azure Utilization Content Pack' to the new workspace called 'testworkspace', then you can get data from this organizational content pack in the new workspace 'testworkspace'. If you publish the organizational content pack to a user (user1@contoso.com), this user can only get this content pack in My Workspace.

After you publish the app, we can't get this app in any app workspace. We need to go to Apps -> Get apps or get a direct link from the app author to install the app. With apps, you needn't to create a new workspace to host those contents, every user has permission to access published app can view its content directly. See: Install an app

Best Regards,

QiuyunYu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Cathryn

What I have found when trying to access App, is make sure that you first click on Apps in the navigation Pane, then click on "Get more apps from the Micrsoft AppSource"

My understanding is that the Apps are specific to the users and cannot be imported into an App Workspace.

For the Contents Packs, did you create it as an Organizational Content Pack?

If you did, can you confirm that you are indeed listed in the Email Addresses for the Groups of users? This is so that you are able to view the Content Pack when in an App Workspace.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors