Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

szlipcsei
Frequent Visitor

Can't disable to change filtering for shared reports

PBI filters.JPG

I'd like to disable people to change the filtering option on shared reports. I shared it via My workspace and I thought that it's read only so they can't change it, but yesterday I could see that they can if they want to, but I don't want then to be able to change it at all as some of the information is restricted that's why I filtered it out.

These are simply shared reports via powerbi, not embedded or anything else.

Can I change this to real read only?

Thanks, Szilárd

2 REPLIES 2
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@szlipcsei

If the report author added filters to a page in a report, you can interact with them in Reading View. Changes you make will not be saved with the report.

Reference document: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-interact-with-a-report-in-reading-...

If you want the shared users not able to see some data, you can try to use RLS in your scenario.

Reference document: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-admin-rls/

Best Regards,
Herbert

Thanks I am aware of the RLS already, but as I link it to an excel file it does not support that.

I don't want them to interact with the filtering as I filter out confidential information what they should not be able to access to at all, so it does not help me if the report is not changed.

I am sure it's not a big deal to develop that as the visualization part is not accessible at all.

Can I request somewhere to make changes, so I can easily hide filter?

Thanks, Szilárd

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors