Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

molbit

Can't connect to redshift via service

I can connect to redshift with desktop but not via the service.  I think I added the correct IP address.  Our cluster is configured with force_ssl=true, if that matters.  Getting this error:

The credentials you provided for the data source are invalid. Please check the credentials for all the data sources.

Activity ID:1525d65b-6f61-bcfd-336b-2e203c61a4d9
Request ID:469a52ea-77e4-95a4-c24f-21c557bf7f16
Status code:400
Time:Thu Apr 20 2017 21:03:04 GMT+0300 (Jerusalem Daylight Time)
Version:13.0.1700.1829
Cluster URI:https://wabi-brazil-south-redirect.analysis.windows.net

5 REPLIES 5
Dhineshkumar_E

Am getting similar error with the same scenario. is there any solution yet. please share.

fbachmann

Hey, I have the exact same problem, I guess it is also because PBI Web Service is not only using simply one IP address to connect to redshift. If there would be a list of all IP addresses used by PBI Web Service we could whitelist them on our redshift cluster. 

This is really a problem for companies concerned about security. 

Best,

Flo

ashwanth_pasu
Frequent Visitor

Did anyone solve this? Even I get the same error

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@molbit

As the error message said, you credential is not valid. You need to edit the credential in Datast Settings. For more details, please see: Announcing support for Amazon Redshift connectivity in the Power BI service

Regards,

I don't think that's the problem.  I don't see any new entries in STL_CONNECTION_LOG after creating credentials and connection attemp.  Like I said, I'm pretty sure the ip address is correct.

Whereas in desktop, the connection is successful and appear in STL_CONNECTION_LOG.  Though in desktop it gives a warning says, "source doesn't support encryption" even though force_ssl=true.  (Not sure if that's related.)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors