Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't Share Dashboards

When I list emails to share the dashboard, the autocomplete works, as I've shared them successfully in the past.

The email is never sent. (I've checked Exchange logs to be sure.)

They are never added to the 'shared' list.

Using the direct link doesn't work. It simply brings them to Power BI to the 'Get Data' page. The items do not appear on their sidebar.

We are all using the free Pro trial.

Both recipients are using the same business email domain as me.

I was trying to recommend Power BI for our internal usage moving forward, but I can't recommend something that doesn't work!

11 REPLIES 11
chrichua
Employee
Employee

This should be resolved in the latest service update. Please let me know if you are still seeing issues.

lprbi
Advocate I
Advocate I

Seems solved!

lprbi
Advocate I
Advocate I

Useless if you cant share with users. Problem persists.

ostrich160
Frequent Visitor

Still happening 

I'm in the same boat! This was looking promising and our dev team was looking into ways to integrate for the whole company but if we can't share dashboards/reports, I'm not sure how useful this will be on the enterprise level? I signed out and signed back in to see if that was the issue but still no success in sharing anything.

Please, please, PLEASE provide a fix or an update on what is going on.

Thank you!

nauriso

the same prbolem.. Can't share dashboard

lprbi
Advocate I
Advocate I

Still impossible to share any dashboard. From to any user. Pro or Free. 

lprbi
Advocate I
Advocate I

Same problem here. The solution by Thunder dont apply. Even with the link doenst work.

Clicking the link did not go to the Dashboar in the destination user.

danielslwu
Regular Visitor

we're also experiencing the same problem within our company. what's going on??!!

jillian
Regular Visitor

I am also experiencing problems sharing a dashboard. Power BI pops up a message saying invitation sent, but no email is actually sent and the users do not appear in the "Shared With" tab. Any updates on this?

-jillian

ThunderDub
Frequent Visitor

Take a look on my reply here:

i know that's not a solution, but....

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Issue-with-Dashboard-sharing/m-p/10543#U10543

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors