Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

eskyline
Resolver I
Resolver I

Can only publish 12 reports in a Power BI App?

We have workspaces with more than 12 reports in them.  When we publish the workspace as a Powe BI App only 12 reports show i the Content tab of the publish screens AND when we publish only 12 are published.  We have 15 reports in one of the workspaces so we are missing 3 reports.

We are all on Pro licenses and are not using Premium.

Is 12 the limit?  I can't find that documented anywhere as a limit.

It is possible that the workspaces in question were created before Premium adn App Workspaces (i.e. the are actually group workspaces.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK, found it....  My oversight 😞   In the work space the user had unchecked the "Included in App" for three of the reports.  Of course once you flip this to include, then on the publish screen they do show (the Content tab) and after publishing they do of course appear in the App.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@eskyline My initial guess would be that the 3 reports were added after the app was published. If that is the case, you need to update the App to include them. If this isn't the case... no idea. I'm not aware of any limitation, and that one would be pretty bad.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Yeah, pretty bad.  I'll likley open a support ticket.  When I'm publishing the app I only even see the 12 reports in the list to publish, not the full 15.  This is even before the app is published.   I also checked the storage on the workspace and it is nowhere near the maximium for the workspace.  Could be a bug of some kind I suppose.   Thanks for the response.

OK, found it....  My oversight 😞   In the work space the user had unchecked the "Included in App" for three of the reports.  Of course once you flip this to include, then on the publish screen they do show (the Content tab) and after publishing they do of course appear in the App.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors