Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Akahn
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Can a dashboard refer to another dashboard?

Let's say you have awesome dashboards for each of 6 departments. Each dashboard can be drilled down to a handful of useful reports.

Now let's say you want to produce a company-wide super-dashboard for the CEO. Can I build a dashboard that, instead of linking to and displaying information from reports, lets you do the same thing to dashboards?

So now, we have a master dashboard that the CEO can go to for the entire company. He can then pick a segment of the company that interests him, say Sales. This drills down to the dashboard for Sales.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
ajanson
Advocate II
Advocate II

Akahn,

you can set custom link for each dashboard component/object, so it should satisfy your needs

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the latest version support parameter passing across dashboards?

ajanson
Advocate II
Advocate II

Akahn,

you can set custom link for each dashboard component/object, so it should satisfy your needs

Anonymous
Not applicable

But can you send a parameter in the custom link?   Typically you want to send context of what was clicked on, so for example if you click the East Cost sales in a bar chart, you can pass the axis value as a parameter.   That is how Datazen handles this.

parameters are not supported Man Sad

ChangeLink.png

Is it possible to do the same in Power BI Desktop for reports? I tried to do such functionality , but did not get.

I tried the suggestion below, but it does not change the view in the dashboard.

Hi,

When i apply custom link, my reports are opening to new tab..Is there a way to open report in same tab from Dashboard?.

Do we have a solution for that currently ???

I would love to see a solution for this.

I agree this would be very nice.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors