Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

jengwt
Helper V
Helper V

Can Create Public Dashboard with PowerBI Tiles?

Hello. Is it possible to create a Dynamics dashboard (via Customize the System) that includes PowerBI tiles?

In my attempts to do so, Dynamics has only offered to let me use the four standard tiles. I could create a personal dashboard and hand it off were there an organizational change, but we don't want to have to deal with this responsibility and the hassle of maintaining shared users across a large organization.

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @jengwt,

If I understand your requirement correctly that you want to create a dashboard  include Power BI tiles in Dynamic 365?

For how to create a personal Power BI dashboard in Dynamic, you could refer to this article.

In addition, you could have a reference of this article below.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/customize/create-edit-dashboards

If you need additional help please describe that your scenario in more details and which Dynamic product you used.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Cherry,

So what we have here is the difference between a personal dashboard and a systematic dashboard. I can create personal Dynamics dashboards with PBI tiles all day, but what I want to do is create a dashboard with PBI tiles for my whole organization, and not have to keep up with managing permissions for dozens of employees, but rather have their systematic permissions determine whether or not they can see this dashboard.

The first screenshot is how I want to create a system-wide dashboard. This does not allow you to use PBI tiles. This follows the directions in your second link.

The second screenshot is of me creating a personal dashboard. These do allow PBI tiles, but are not well suited for deployment to a large organization. This is what your first link instructs. That is not what I am trying to do.

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors