Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Domantas
Advocate I
Advocate I

Bug in Slicer - not showing selection correctly

Found one issue in the slicers when working as dropdown mode.

When I use search field inside the slicer to type in category name and then select the name, the main box of the slicer doesn't show selected category name, but keeps showing "All" even though the graph is now following the slicer selection. That gives confusion for the users which data is presented.

Only clearing all the pretyped text from the search box and keeping the slicer selection, the main box switches from "All" to selected category. 

12 REPLIES 12
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Domantas,

I can reproduce your issue. I will report this issue to Microsoft and give you a feedback if it has been fixed.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Rainar
Frequent Visitor

Confirming the same issue as the previous posts. Really confusing for the user.

Domantas
Advocate I
Advocate I

Slicer bug01.PNG

Note the top box showing all, even though one project name "Oldfield" is selected in the slicer. Clicking the arrow to close the dropdown doesn't change anything and it stays as "All".

Also confirming the bug. When selecting a value, the value displayed as selected in the dropdown is incorrect.

Error in dropdown displayed selectionError in dropdown displayed selectionError in dropdown displayed selection-multiple selectedError in dropdown displayed selection-multiple selected

@tsapat

The fix for this issue should be available in January 2017. Please check it later.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Is there a anticipated date when this will be fixed?   This is causing a production issue with one of my customers.

I have noticed that the search feature has been disabled when using the slicer in DropDown mode. So in principle this is no longer an issue, since there is no way to make it show selection in a wrong way 🙂

But it is a limitation that in this case dropdown mode of the slicer is not usable if the list is long, since without search option it takes too much scrolling.

I can still force the slicer to show wrong information about selections when in drop down mode, so this bug is not fixed yet.

Following this as I have the same issue with a Slicer that has several hundred selection values.  If the user selects a value beyond the first 50 or 60 choices, the Slicer will say "All" while the actual choice will correctly be used to filter the displays in other controls that are linked to the slicer.

Hi @v-haibl-msft,

This issue persists. Can you please report it internally.

Prateek Raina

Agreed.  This is still an issue.  I see it on dropdown slicers both with and without the search box

Domantas
Advocate I
Advocate I

By the way, there seems to be a difference of how much text is typed-into the search field. If I don't type the full category name (project name in this case) so that there are at least two options left to choose from - then main field picks the selcetion without any issues and shows in the main box. 

But when the typed text becomes long and accurate enough to match only one single value of all the project names, then the main box stops reacting to the selection inside the slicer and just shows "All". 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors