Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Travis
Frequent Visitor

Breaking the link from Dashboard to Report

I was just wondering if it is possible to break the link between a pinned chart to the report that it comes from?

Essentially I want to be able to create several dashboards from 1 report with different filter options being used for each dashboard to create a dashboard based on store name.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey Travis....you can utilize a custom URL to direct where you want the pinned visual to link to.  If you don't want it to link to any underlying report, simply add the URL to the dashboard you are viewing and it will not link anywhere (or reload the page).

https://support.powerbi.com/knowledgebase/articles/424878-edit-a-tile-resize-move-rename-delete-add-...

powerdax.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@Travis If I understand what you are trying to do, You want to pin the same visual with different filters applied to different dashboards. Yes, you can do this. The caveat, is that whatever filter you have last applied to the report page, is the one that everyone will see. So the dashboard may filter to 1 thing, but when they click on it, they will be taken to the report page/visual as it is "now".

You can also change the visual completely if you want. Show some a line graph, and others a bar chart, then when they click on the tile, they are taken to the "current" state.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Awesome, thanks for answering my question.

Is there someway to stop them from being taken to the report from the dashboard when they click on the chart pinned on the dashboard?

Hey Travis....you can utilize a custom URL to direct where you want the pinned visual to link to.  If you don't want it to link to any underlying report, simply add the URL to the dashboard you are viewing and it will not link anywhere (or reload the page).

https://support.powerbi.com/knowledgebase/articles/424878-edit-a-tile-resize-move-rename-delete-add-...

powerdax.com
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys, i am facing the same problem and that solution does work to me.

When a report are pined to a dashboard the option to redirect to another link is disabled. Only works if I pin a report component.

Can you help me.

Thanks

Awesome, thankyou!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors