Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Joerobert
Helper II
Helper II

Box Whisker Plot (MAQ) is not supported with powerpoint export

I am trying to exprt my report to  powerpoint and am seeing the error message "this visual does not support exporting"; does anybody know of a work around for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Joerobert,

>>I am trying to exprt my report to  powerpoint and am seeing the error message "this visual does not support exporting"

Nope, current 'export to powerpoint' feature still not support custom visuals and R visual.

You can take a look at below link to know more about this:

Export Power BI report to PowerPoint (Preview)

A few important notes to be aware of:

• If you can’t see the Export to PowerPoint button, then your tenant admin probably disabled this feature. Please contact your admin for details.
  • In-session interactivity (highlighting and filtering, drill-down, etc.) is not supported yetwhen exporting. You will see the original visualizations as they were saved in the report.
  • Custom visuals and R visuals are not supported yet. They will be exported as a blank image to PowerPoint.
  • Reports with more than 15 pages can’t be exported. If your report contains more than 15 pages and you need to export just a bunch of the pages, save a copy of the report with only the needed pages and then export.
  • Background images will be cropped with the chart’s bounding area. It is highly recommended to remove background images from the report before exporting to PowerPoint.
  • The process of exporting the report to PowerPoint might take a few minutes to complete, depends on the structure of the report and the load on the service. Please be patient and wait for completion, this feature is still in Preview.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MAQSupport
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hello @Joerobert,

We have initiated the certification process for ‘Box and Whisker by MAQ Software' from our side. Once the visual is certified you will be able to export it to powerpoint.

We will notify you on this thread when we have an update on this.

Thanks!!

Thank you for the support!

Hello @Joerobert

The visual is now officially certified by Power BI team.

You will now be able to export the visual to PowerPoint using out of box export feature of Power BI.

We would greatly appreciate if you post your review of this visual on AppSource.
Keep sending your feedback and help us make the visuals better.

Thanks 

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Joerobert,

>>I am trying to exprt my report to  powerpoint and am seeing the error message "this visual does not support exporting"

Nope, current 'export to powerpoint' feature still not support custom visuals and R visual.

You can take a look at below link to know more about this:

Export Power BI report to PowerPoint (Preview)

A few important notes to be aware of:

• If you can’t see the Export to PowerPoint button, then your tenant admin probably disabled this feature. Please contact your admin for details.
  • In-session interactivity (highlighting and filtering, drill-down, etc.) is not supported yetwhen exporting. You will see the original visualizations as they were saved in the report.
  • Custom visuals and R visuals are not supported yet. They will be exported as a blank image to PowerPoint.
  • Reports with more than 15 pages can’t be exported. If your report contains more than 15 pages and you need to export just a bunch of the pages, save a copy of the report with only the needed pages and then export.
  • Background images will be cropped with the chart’s bounding area. It is highly recommended to remove background images from the report before exporting to PowerPoint.
  • The process of exporting the report to PowerPoint might take a few minutes to complete, depends on the structure of the report and the load on the service. Please be patient and wait for completion, this feature is still in Preview.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Xiaoxin

I now understand that power bi services cannot export custom visuals, i will keep an eye out for this during the next updates and hopefully this will be included. Also i think it would be nice if you can export from the desktop as well; i will submit as a request.

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors