Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

eskyline
Resolver I
Resolver I

Azure B2B sharing and Pro licence issues

Has anyone gotten external sharing where you need to assign the pro license from your tenant to the person you are sharing to work.  I have seen it work once or twice but then it goes back to the "you need to sign up for the pro trial or purchase....." modal dialog box.  I did get into a shared report once without this prompt but today its back.  I was never able to get into a shared App without the prompt.  We have assigned the license to the ID in Azure.

Anyone have any tips or tricks or specific steps they followed.  We are not yet at Premium level.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorry everyone, I found the issue.  We had an automated process that was assigning licences and that process was removing these licenses after we had assigned them manually.  Thanks to all for looking and assisting as possible.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi eskyline ,

Sharing content with external user don't need a premium license. However, the external user should be pro license user so that the external user can be shared. You said you had encountered with an issue saying ""you need to sign up for the pro trial or purchase....." ", which license are your account? If you are using a pro trail, please update your account to pro license.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Sorry everyone, I found the issue.  We had an automated process that was assigning licences and that process was removing these licenses after we had assigned them manually.  Thanks to all for looking and assisting as possible.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors