Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Orimashi
Regular Visitor

Autorefresh Power BI from an Excel file stored in OneDrive for Personal

Hi there!

I wanted to create Power BI report with autofresh from excel files. I got a problem with gateway, so i tried to use Onedrive personal. I got dataset in Power bi from excel file (model power pivot+power query) what collects data from others files (in onedrive folders too). Seems easy. But now i have a problem with autorefresh. My excel file with model going good and collect what i want (as i see) but power bi seems not taken it from him for autoreresh with onedrive.

If you have an idea how to solve it, please help me...

2 REPLIES 2
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@Orimashi,

Have you set the credential for your dataset? The difference between OneDrive and OneDrive for Busines

• Connecting to OneDrive for Business in Power BI is typically seamless because the same account you use to sign into Power BI with is often the same account used to sign into OneDrive for Business.
  • With personal OneDrive, you likely sign in with a different Microsoft account.

Please provide us more detail information.

• Did you create this report in Power BI desktop and then publish to Services?
  • Can you refresh data in Power BI desktop?

Regards,

Charlie Liao

@v-caliao-msftThanks you for answer!

Sorry, i forgot to mention that i use personal onedrive. The account is the same in Power Bi and Onedrive.

No, i got dataset in app.powerbi.com from power pivot model in excel, based on power query from others file. Then i made a report from this (to understand is it valid and my sistem have full autorefresh chain), but data is old. I didn't use power bi desktop, because seems it have not autorefresh like power query. Or it have and i missed something? I made a scheme about my problem:2017-12-12_11-01-18.png2017-12-12_11-11-17.png2017-12-12_11-17-20.png

P.S. the last one is the case why i abbandoned an idea autorefresh with a help of gateway personal mode. Maybe you can help me with that and i'll use it instead of onedrive.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors