Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fish3101
Advocate I
Advocate I

Audit Log 'Save Loaded Results' not working properly

I'm trying to export/save the search results I have generated using the Audit Log Search to monitor Power BI usage. I have set my parameters as desired and have applied a filter on the 'Item' column as I'm interested in usage of a particular dashboard/report/app I have set up. I have a result set with 308 results found. When I use the 'Save Loaded Results' option to export them into Excel for additional analysis, the filtering I had applied is lost and I only get 308 containing all sorts (not specific to the filter I had set).

Seems the filtering is lost on export. Is this a known issue or am I missing a setting somewhere?

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @fish3101,

As far as I know, this is the expected result currently. 

1. The 'Filter results' option is only used for viewing the loaded results displayed on the page.

2. The 'Save Loaded Results' option is used for export the loaded results(Based on my test, only 150 results will be loaded each time, we need to scroll down to load more results). For example, if there are 450 items available for the search results, but only 150 results are loaded at the first time. If you use the 'Save Loaded Results' option now, only 150 results will be exported. If you use "Downlaod all results" option, all 450 results will be exported.

log1.PNGlog2.PNG

In this scenario, I would suggest you add an idea on Power BI Ideas for saving filtered results when exporting the Power BI audit log. Smiley Happy

Regards

Yes this is the experience I am having. So I have resorted to downloading the entire result set and using Excel to do the filtering, however when trying to split the AuditData into columns using the comma delimiter I get a mash of data in wrong columns due to some records containing null values for some columns. This then requires a stack of data cleansing before we can do any decent analysis on the data which is way too cumbersome for what we need.

Working with the Audit Logs is very clunky and I would've loved the recent O365 Adoption Content Pack to have included Power BI activity but it doesn't look like it does.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors