Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cdok1091
Frequent Visitor

Apps vs. Shared with me

The menus in Power BI Service can cause confusion for new users.  When users look for content shared with them on Power BI Service, they tend to click on "Shared with me".  This works fine, but they may not understand the nuances of an App versus a report or dashboard that was directly shared.  Please make it easier for new users to find content shared with them, regardless of whether it was shared directly or using an App.  This confusion is hampering adoption for many.

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @cdok1091,

I would suggest you create an idea here.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @cdok1091

What I suggest happens in an organization is to use the App mechanism to share content with users.

In doing it in this way the users get used to always looking in the Apps area for other reports and dashboards. This then allows there to be a single place to look for content.

Using the App Workspace and Apps also allows there to be an area where the Reports and Dashboards can first be developed and signed off before updating the App and sending it to the users.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @cdok1091

What I suggest happens in an organization is to use the App mechanism to share content with users.

In doing it in this way the users get used to always looking in the Apps area for other reports and dashboards. This then allows there to be a single place to look for content.

Using the App Workspace and Apps also allows there to be an area where the Reports and Dashboards can first be developed and signed off before updating the App and sending it to the users.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors