Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

djnww
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Apps Do Not Allow Users to Access it's underlying Reports via a Link

One of our Workspaces is a Premium workspace. An App has been created where the dashboard contains images that link to specific pages in the underlying report.

I can pin a Tile to the App dashboard and it will take me to the corresponding report page without a problem.

However, to reduce load time, I have replaced the pinned Tile with an image that links directly to the App report page.

Unfortunately, when users click on the image, they get a message saying they need to request permission to access the workspace. The workspace itself is set to Public.

I believe this is a bug that needs to be looked in to.

Cheers,

Dan

4 REPLIES 4
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@djnww

Does above solution help?

Best Regards,
Herbert

This solution doesn't work  (at least not for me). What it will do is redirect the user to 'Shared with me' location.

//Br Kla

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@djnww

I guess you are using the image tile and set a external link as following screenshot. And use a free user to get the App which contains this dashboard image tile.

Apps Do Not Allow Users to Access it's underlying Reports via a Link_1.jpg

If that's your case, please change the URL from https://app.powerbi.com/groups/*** to https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/apps/***###$$$.

You can get this URL by going to the dashboard, click any other tile to naviagate to the desired report page. Then you can get it in the browser's address bar. After you replace the URL and update App, the free user should be able to access it properly.

Apps Do Not Allow Users to Access it's underlying Reports via a Link_2.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

Hi,

In a text box that is going to include more than one URLs to different reports, end users get an error message when they login to the service --> apps--> choose url link. Any suggestions? 

Mikkel 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors