Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Add an image to a report

Hi people!

I published a report to service and now I realized that I need an image too. I have the image in desktop but my question is;

Is there a smooth way to insert an image directly in the Power BI service? Without publishing the report again?

Greetings,

O

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous If you haven't made any changes to the report in the Service there shouldn't be any issues. Just add the image to your desktop file and publish, the report will update on the Service.

At this time, I am not aware of any way in which to pull an image up into a report on the Service from the Service.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Anonymous If you haven't made any changes to the report in the Service there shouldn't be any issues. Just add the image to your desktop file and publish, the report will update on the Service.

At this time, I am not aware of any way in which to pull an image up into a report on the Service from the Service.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Is there a way to add a functioning GIF to a report ?

I know there is a way using Dashboard tiles and linking to a URL, but want to try and add it to a report and not a Dashboard.

Is this still the case?

Or has this been fixed, I can't see any way to add an image to a report I have created in teh web service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Seth_C_Bauer Thank you Eno1978, helpful as always. I guess the method is to publish the reports then. Feels kinda annoying but I guess we'll have to live with it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors