Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Eric_Sergerie
Advocate I
Advocate I

Add all users to data source security

Hi,

In the Power BI Service, in the Users tab of a data source, do you know if it's possible to use wildcards and/or add all the users of your organization?

Basically, I added a SSAS data source to the gateway and I want all my users in the organization to be able to publish reports on Power BI using this data source.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Eric_Sergerie You can accomplish this by creating a catch all Azure AD Security Group and use that.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@Eric_Sergerie You can accomplish this by creating a catch all Azure AD Security Group and use that.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

I get an error whenever I try to add one of my security groups from AD to the Data Source Users. It let's me see and select the group but then says,"These emails are invalid or duplicate".. Have you actually gotten an AD group to work in this area? Or should I log a bug?

Thanks for the info. I would I've love though to have this option in the data source security tab directly instead of relying on AD. Involving O365 admin is not always easy in every organizations.

I'll post an idea on this if it can help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors