Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sjain6
Frequent Visitor

Add DL in RLS without Office 365

Hi all,

I am trying to implement Row Level Security (RLS) for my organization. I had a few questions-

1. Would all employees in the company need to get a PowerBI Pro Account (Right now I dont have one, and I cant find an option to add the trial version)

2. Also, is there a way to add a Distribution list (DL) to a security role without using Office365, so that a group of employees could see the reports based on their level in the organization hierarchy? Also, if there is a way, would the normal organization emails work or do we need to create a DL based on their PowerBI login id?

Thanks,

SJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@sjain6

1. Row Level Security is Pro content. You must have Pro liscense to use or view it. You can start a pro trial on Power BI Service.

2. You can add a distribution list into a security role. This distribution list should be created in O365 admin center by your organization administrator. See: Create distribution lists in the Office 365 admin center.

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@sjain6

1. Row Level Security is Pro content. You must have Pro liscense to use or view it. You can start a pro trial on Power BI Service.

2. You can add a distribution list into a security role. This distribution list should be created in O365 admin center by your organization administrator. See: Create distribution lists in the Office 365 admin center.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors