Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Accepted Solution

API requires Power Bi Ip address range to Whitelist

I searched the forums, and although I found similar topics, none of them seem to address and answer the question I am seeking.

I am working with ICIMS API. In order to connect to their API they need to whitelist the IP addresses that will connect to it. I have my company's IP whitelisted and we can happily connect to ICIMS via PowerBI desktop.

Once I have developed my Power BI report I want to publish it to a workspace on https://app.powerbi.com/

Once there I want to make my report a dashboard like I do everything else.

I commonly set my data to auto refresh once a day.

Here is my problem. Since ICIMS requires an IP address to connect to its API, what IP address or range do I give them if the request for data is coming from:  https://app.powerbi.com/ ?

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team

Re: API requires Power Bi Ip address range to Whitelist

Hi @jhampson,

As Power BI Service is cloud-based service, its IP address could be different each time within each region. You can download Microsoft Azure Datacenter IP Ranges to monitor the dynamic IP range on time. The generated file contains the IP address ranges used in the Microsoft Azure Datacenters. An updated file is posted weekly which reflects the currently deployed ranges and any upcoming changes to the IP ranges.

Here is a similar thread for your reference, please see mihart's comment.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

View solution in original post

All Replies
Community Support Team

Re: API requires Power Bi Ip address range to Whitelist

Hi @jhampson,

As Power BI Service is cloud-based service, its IP address could be different each time within each region. You can download Microsoft Azure Datacenter IP Ranges to monitor the dynamic IP range on time. The generated file contains the IP address ranges used in the Microsoft Azure Datacenters. An updated file is posted weekly which reflects the currently deployed ranges and any upcoming changes to the IP ranges.

Here is a similar thread for your reference, please see mihart's comment.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu