Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

unable to save or upload .pbix file in power bi report server Version 1.2.6660.39920 (March 2018)

I have been trying to save or upload a .pbix file but it gives an error- 

Can anyone help me with this?

I am using the Power BI desktop March 2018 version.

Error screen shot(file save).pngError screen shot(file upload).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am able to solve this issue. I have installed Power BI Report Server Version 1.2.6648.38132 (March 2018) which i kept with me when i downloaded the march 2018 version in my machine. I would advice to try this. The link to download this version of PBIRS, please clcik at the below link:-

https://archive.org/download/PowerBIReportServer/PowerBIReportServer.exe

Also, you can download the compatible version of power bi desktop (March 2018) from here:-

https://archive.org/download/PowerBIReportServer/PBIDesktopRS_x64.msi

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
lafondm
Frequent Visitor

So, does the report server and desktop version still have a "version" problem? 

Desktop Version: 2.73.5586.1241 64-bit (September 2019)

Report Server Product build 15.0.1102.620

We get the following error when attempting to save to, or upload to....

2019-10-25 14:40:59.2845|ERROR|17|The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.| RequestID =

Any suggestions?

nchambe
Advocate II
Advocate II

Make sure the Power BI Desktop version you're using (client app for report creation) matches or is "less than" the version you have installed on the actual report server. See my blog post on this error message for step-by-step guidance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am able to solve this issue. I have installed Power BI Report Server Version 1.2.6648.38132 (March 2018) which i kept with me when i downloaded the march 2018 version in my machine. I would advice to try this. The link to download this version of PBIRS, please clcik at the below link:-

https://archive.org/download/PowerBIReportServer/PowerBIReportServer.exe

Also, you can download the compatible version of power bi desktop (March 2018) from here:-

https://archive.org/download/PowerBIReportServer/PBIDesktopRS_x64.msi

I am having this same problem but I do have the latest versions of both the Power BI report Server and Power Bi Desktop optimized for Power BI report.

Here is my situation.

I installed The latest version of Power BI Report Server on my Server(2014- Enterprise) and installed the Power BI Desktop optimized for Power Bi Report Server - May 2018 on my pc(Windows 10). When I attempt to upload a report to the server(2014 - Enterprise ), I get this error

"There was an error uploading your .pbix file. Verify that this file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file."

There is no problem with the file since I am able to upload it to a local report server on my PC (Windows 10). This error only occurs while I am attempting to upload to the Power BI Report Server on my server(2014 - Enterprise).

Any help?

Thanks I will give that a try

ashrin
Helper I
Helper I

How big is the file ? and are you using the latest version of the PowerBI desktop (RS Version) March 2018? (i think they released a silent patch recently)

Anonymous
Not applicable

The size of file is 13 MB. And I am using the latest version PBIRS Desktop (March 2018).

We are using the October 2017 release, even a blank file will not upload

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have another machine in which power bi report server Version 1.2.6648.38132 (March 2018) is installed and it is working fine. I guess there is a problem with the latest version 1.2.6660.39920, which i have installed 2 days ago.

RossesRover
Regular Visitor

I have exactly the same problem, I can open the file fine in the Desktop application.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.