Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Muki
Helper I
Helper I

scheduled resfresh based on a web data source with a key in header

Hi

I created reports based on web sources ( API within our organisation). One of the web source has a key in the header.

It works perfectly until I want to add the scheduled resfresh option to my report on the report server:

Untitled picture.png

The 'headers' section in which the authorization key is added from my report query disappeared and I can't edit it...

The sections 'connection string' and 'type' can't be edited.

Options in 'authentication type' are :

Windows authentication and Basic authentication which I can't use to enter the key 😕

Anyone can help me out with this? None of my queries can be refreshed because of this one web source failure.

thanks a lot in advance

Muki

6 REPLIES 6
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Muki,

Based on my test in the latest Power BI report server version 14.0.600.438, we can schedule refresh successfully for the report get data from web data source has key provided. Please try to update report server version to the latest one. 

On web portal, we can leave the credential with Anonymous which is same as in Power BI desktop. Then we can create a schedule refresh well. 

q4.PNGq5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

Our administrator upgraded PowerBi Server into Version 1.1.6582.41691 (October 2017)

But when I open the 'data sources' section for my report, it still looks the same and I get this error message again when I perform the ' test connection' :

Couldn't connect

Tariq
Regular Visitor

Hi Muki,

I have the same error :

The report server couldn't connect to the data source using the information you entered. Make sure you've entered the connection string and any credentials correctly.

With PowerBi Server Version 1.1.6514.9163 (October 2017)

Did you find solution for that ?

Thanks.

Regards,

Tariq

Unfortunately @Tariq, I don't have a solution yet for this issue as @v-qiuyu-msft didn't react yet.

I'm even not sure whether this functionality is uberhaupt supported by Power BI...

Our admin is trying to install a gateway to our Power Bi Server account. We'll see whether that will resolve our issue.

curtis
Frequent Visitor

Has anyone gotten this working yet?

I've got the same issue, with the latest (as of last month, July) code which I downloaded from Microsoft's site and installed.

URL string doesn't have any authentication key info in it, no way to insert it, and it won't connect.  Works fine in Power BI Desktop.

Thank you @v-qiuyu-msft

Does the connection string contain the headers in your picture? 

I'll ask our administrator to verify the version of our power bi server.

Regards

Muki

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.