Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

giorgilomidze
Resolver I
Resolver I

line chart: individual fixed value line for each Legend.

I have water measurers in tank. each tank has different tank height. in line chart i need to have values of tank during period of time and tank height as straight line. in order to see how close water level is to max. in alaysis pack it has max line but if i'm looking for small period of time the max value of that line might not be the tank height. how can i add that max line (tank height line)?
Captured.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Without developer options you cant have 2 interchangable lines (one moving data and one fixed value).  the way i resolved it is in the back in SQL or you can do it in querry editor as well. I have created 2 entries per record, one is real data and second is fixed value. I also created seperate filter with names of the records in order to: when i select that name on the line chart it will filter for me two lines at the same time. the result in visual context will is same as in the picture above. It's not very sophisticated way but it gives me what i want. 

View solution in original post

you can do it in power bi as well. i used custom visual of kpi. you can have to columns in value and after i modified it as i needded i changed back to what is standart visual from power bi and two lines remained on it. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @giorgilomidze,

Based on my understanding, you don't want the max value to be a horizontal line, it should be changed in different periods of time, right? That case, you may need to calculate the max value via a measure rather than directly add the Max line under Analytics pane.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have fixed values what max value should be. and i want them to appear for each line i select. 

for example that blue line can take take values from 0 to 4.7 and i have the max value in seperate column. when i select one particular line i want to see the ongoing value and the max value as a horisontal line. like it is on the picture, but on picture line is from analitics MAX Value. 

Without developer options you cant have 2 interchangable lines (one moving data and one fixed value).  the way i resolved it is in the back in SQL or you can do it in querry editor as well. I have created 2 entries per record, one is real data and second is fixed value. I also created seperate filter with names of the records in order to: when i select that name on the line chart it will filter for me two lines at the same time. the result in visual context will is same as in the picture above. It's not very sophisticated way but it gives me what i want. 

you can do it in power bi as well. i used custom visual of kpi. you can have to columns in value and after i modified it as i needded i changed back to what is standart visual from power bi and two lines remained on it. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.