Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ForcaTaico
Resolver II
Resolver II

Synoptic Panel - Error in 'Power BI Desktop'

Hello,

I get a error on a Custom Visual (Synoptic Panel) in 'Power BI Desktop' Version: 2.51.4885.1423 64-bit (oktober 2017)

Error message:

"Your version of Power BI Desktop does not support this custom visual Please update Power BI Desktop to the lastest version". Which I can't because it needs to match the server version.

I didnt have any problems before now and the visual still works on the 'Power BI Report Server' Version 1.1.6514.9163 (October 2017) 

Regards Taico

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ForcaTaico,

Based on my research, Power BI desktop optimized for report server version is lower than the normal Power BI desktop version. The author of that custom visual might update custom visual to catch up with normal Power BI desktop version update, so the might doesn't work with Power BI desktop optimized for report server version. 

As the custom visual is developed by OKViz, each time you use that visual that doesn't work, you can contact him to get a compatible version backup version. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ForcaTaico
Resolver II
Resolver II

I seems that the Store updated the visual which then became incompatible with the Report Server version of Power BI Desktop.

I was able to get a old version of the visual. I deleted the visual from the report and imported the old one "from file" and now it works.

Does this mean that i always should use "Import from file" so i dont risk that the visuals gets updated from the store resulting in an error because 'Power BI Desktop - for RS' isnt the lastest version.

Regards Taico 

Hi @ForcaTaico,

Based on my research, Power BI desktop optimized for report server version is lower than the normal Power BI desktop version. The author of that custom visual might update custom visual to catch up with normal Power BI desktop version update, so the might doesn't work with Power BI desktop optimized for report server version. 

As the custom visual is developed by OKViz, each time you use that visual that doesn't work, you can contact him to get a compatible version backup version. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.