Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ysapiyev
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Slow performance on PBI report server

Hi everyone,

I have a resporting service installed on server, And Power BI report has very slow performance. I use SSAS connected to report. I already reduced SSAS cube for better performance. Also, server has intel xeon 1.8 GHz and 64 GB RAM. What can be done, to increase its performance?

update:

Also, how to determine optimal and pick values required for Power BI report server functionality? Currently, it uses ~50% of CPU and 4-6 GB of RAM in MOLAP mode. If I change to ROLAP, usage of CPU increases to ~70%. So, what cube would be optimal and server configuration as well?

Regards,

Yerkhan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ysapiyev no you won't see the Power BI file (only with import), but you can directly execute the same query's as Power BI would against the tabular model and review the performance.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MauriceMecowe
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @ysapiyev have a look in DAX studio, to see how the DAX in your PBI reports perform, you might be able to optimize the DAX and get better performance. Otherwise maybe upgrading the hardware might be helpful.

@MauriceMecowe,

Thanks for your answer. Can DAX studio trace with live connection? I tried connecting to my report, but it didn't recognize it,

Regards,

Yerkhan

@ysapiyev

If you connect to the Tabular/SSAS instance via live connection with Power BI Desktop, you should also connect your DAX studio with your Tabular/SSAS instance.

Only when you use the import function can you use DAX studio directly with Power BI Desktop.

@MauriceMecowe

Thanks. I installed DAX studio 2.7.4, and there is only Tabular server, As a result, it can't see my Power BI Desktop. I've tried typing server name and name of my pbix file - no result. Should I install other version or am I doing something wrong?

Regards,

Yerkhan

@ysapiyev no you won't see the Power BI file (only with import), but you can directly execute the same query's as Power BI would against the tabular model and review the performance.

@MauriceMecowe,

Thanks. It worked.

Regards,

Yerkhan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.