Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fwoollard

Report server

Hi,

I have been investigating various reporting tools on behalf of a client, for the last few months and have been very impressd with Power BI and would very much like to suggest this to my client. However, there may be an issue with storing data on the cloud. I believe the option is to self-host the Report Server. I have been looking into the cost and, if I am correct, it appears to be a minimum of £3,000 per mont which seem excessive. We are only a small company, as is my client, and they would only need 5 users so £3,000 makes it a non-viable option.

Please could someone confirm either that this price is correct (making it a no-go for us) or that I have misunderstood the pricing structure, which I am hoping is the case as we really want to move forward with Power BI.

Thank you

Frances

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jon-Heide
Employee
Employee

Hi Frances - PBI Report server can be purchased through (1) powerbi premium subscriptions or (2) SQL enterprise edition w/ software assurance. Depending on number of cores and workloads, the two options can result in different prices. You would be best to work with a Microsoft account representative who'll be able to work with you on pricing options given your situation.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jon-Heide
Employee
Employee

Hi Frances - PBI Report server can be purchased through (1) powerbi premium subscriptions or (2) SQL enterprise edition w/ software assurance. Depending on number of cores and workloads, the two options can result in different prices. You would be best to work with a Microsoft account representative who'll be able to work with you on pricing options given your situation.

fwoollard

Hi,

I have been investigating (on behalf of my client) various reporting tools over the last few months and really like the option of Power BI. However, for my client, there may be an issue of putting data on the cloud. If I understand correctly the option is to use the Reporting Server installed on our own servers. However, again if I am understanding correctly, the cost would be £3,000 per month which seems excessive. We are only a small business and would only need 5 users so this just wouldn't be feasible.

Please could someone confirm that this is the correct cost? Or correct me if I have got it completely wrong.

Thank you.

Frances

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors