Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

powerbient
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Report Server on Azure VM (IaaS)

Hi All,

Can you guys please provide information to the following questions as i need to take decisions ASAP for a project?

1) Can we deploy the Power BI Report Server on Azure VM (IaaS) and used it for Prodution needs?
2) Can we use Azure SQL Database as the database for Power BI report Server instead on dedicated SQL server?

thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @powerbient,

1) Can we deploy the Power BI Report Server on Azure VM (IaaS) and used it for Prodution needs?

You can try the Azure VM image with Power BI Report Server. But there is no support for production scenarios with PBI-RS in Azure currently.

2) Can we use Azure SQL Database as the database for Power BI report Server instead on dedicated SQL server?

I'm afraid not. Please check the hardware and software requirements for Power BI Report Server.

Besides, here is a similar thread.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @powerbient,

You can try the Azure VM image with Power BI Report Server. But there is no support for production scenarios with PBI-RS in Azure currently.

I'm afraid not. Please check the hardware and software requirements for Power BI Report Server.

Besides, here is a similar thread.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Sir,

It's been 7 months. Are there any improvements in Power BI report server specific to my questions or the answers remain the same?

Thank You.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here, I'd also like to use an Azure SQL server db for my Reporting Server deployment.

Thank you Sir.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.