Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

New Visuals for On-Prem Report Server

Hello friends,

If I am not mistaken, you need a special Desktop edition to publish to Server.

There are many old visuals there, for instance: Matrix and Table that do not allow drill-down, you cannot change column headers, etc.

When are the updates to the visuals (that are happenning all the time in the regular Destop) suppose to be updated to the Server edition?

And another question: is there a possibility to use custom visuals on-prem Server?

Thank you.

Michael

4 REPLIES 4
mgmeyer
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

For release timeline information you can refer to one of my previous posts here. As for Custom Visual support the server does support it, if you have a report with custom visuals you should be able to publish it and have it render the same with no issues. Hope this helps.

Hi @mgmeyer,

I have to agree with @Anonymous on this one, is there no way we can get the updated visuals before Q4?

We have enterprise sql server licences which allow us to run the on prem version of powerbi reportserver, the business has used and loved powerbi (web), want to make it our sole reporting solution, planned development for intergration into our existsing .net apps etc

So far we have found it great, easy to impliment and user friendly but the old visuals without things like drill to detail etc are a step backwards especially when the users make such use of things like the drill to detail, I understand there may be technical challanges, limitations or a release schedule but please could you feedback and advocate for a release of the new visuals as soon as possible to avoid businesses choosing competitors products?

As with many companies we are under time constraints to get the work done, as a user of PowerBi and a huge fan I will argue we should wait for the update but if its possible the PowerBi team can push the improved visuals (espacially the drill to detail matrix tables) then it would be greatly appriciated and I suspect could save PowerBi some loss of business.

Many thanks for your time,

Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mgmeyer

Thank you for the prompt reply!

I understand that you are planning to release the NEW Matrix / Table visuals only in Q4.

That is sooooo NOT cool!

The current, old visuals are so unfriendly compared to the new ones. No drill-downs...

Maybe you can try releasing these visuals as Custom Visuals, so we could import them....?

There shouldn't be such a long GAP between a Desktop and a Report Server Desktop.

Please try to come up with a solution soon

Thank you very much!

Michael

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.