Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

wskallmeyer
Advocate II
Advocate II

Loading data image remaining within SharePoint page

I have a Power BI Desktop report where the "Loading Data" image will not go away. 

I am using Power BI Desktop (October 2017).  Version 2.51.4885.2501. 

I am using PBIRS 1.1.6582.41691 (October 2017) but downloaded in January. 

I am using SP2013 with Page Viewer webpart and IE 11.0.9600. 

I am using an Import query to a local SQL Server 2012 db.

And a line chart.

If I load report directly in PBRIS the Loading data image behaves properly.  But when I use a SP2013 Page Viewer webpart with rs:Embed=true I see the visualization and it does finish loading yet the Loading Data image remains perpetually.  

I have also noted that is works properly in Chrome 63.

Any ideas?  I have made the visualization and query as simple as possible to eliminate any issues that I can think of.

I used to be able to load screen shots but not sure what happened for those of you who are visually inclined.  If I figure it out I will try to add that information as well.

Thanks in advance, Scott

1 REPLY 1
pbx
Helper V
Helper V

Hi, this is been mentioned before on this forum. The issue is SharePoint by default serves pages in IE-10 compatibilty mode, which PBI doesn't like. You need to change SharePoint master page to server the page in IE-11, but that could break some SharePoint functionalities, such as opening document libraries in Explorer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.