Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sbvsv
Frequent Visitor

KPI s fail to refresh sometimes - BUG

Hi everyone,

After installing the GA (June 2017) Power BI Report Server I've identified a bug for KPI refresh with a Shared Schedule associated with several Refresh Plans.

1. I currently have 6 KPI's and one Job.
2. When the Job is executed all 6 datasets shows on their Plans that "Cache was successfully refreshed (time of the execution)

3. Sometimes all KPI's visual show the correct values, some other times only a part ( 2 or 3) KPI's show the correct values and the others show the Old values (even though executing Load Data from Preview shows the correct value)

The random way this is acting after several tests lead me to think this is a bug.

Anyone has dealt with this problem?

I've used the Report Server SQL database to check "Event" table and Subscriptions and ensure the 6 events were well connected with the shared Schedule and upon Job execution they would be loaded in the event correctly processed until the table is clean.

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @sbvsv,

Based on current description, you didn't see any error prompt, the job ran regularly and all shared dataset refreshed correctly while some certain KPIs didn't update sometimes, right?

Was there any time delay for the schedule refresh? What I mean is whether those unrefreshed KPIs will refresh a few time later? If you refresh the web page manually, will all the KPIs be updated? If recreate the KPIs, does issue persist?

I was not able to reproduce this scenario in my environment. You could create a support ticket here for further advice.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your reply. It's not a delay problem. Even though I keep refreshing the page the visual won't change. I've created a new KPI using the same dataset, refreshed the page, and as you can see they show different values. The updated KPI value (refresh time) is on the right side. The left KPI is the original one that won't refresh.

kpi.jpg

I will open a ticket as you suggested.

Thanks!

Hi @sbvsv,

Thanks for your sharing. We will report this issue internally later. 

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any progress on this. I have the exact same issue. Newer version of BPIRS but still fails to update the KPI object.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.