Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Armen
Frequent Visitor

How to create new power bi app as zendesk

I would like to publish report data form our users. it will be like zendesk. I need to create create some application like zendesk. The user will click on Get Data button, select our app (which I need to create), it will open a popup window on which must be login button, the user will click on login button it must open a new popup window with webview in which user must write his username and password and login in to my server after which user will be able to load report data from my server.
Please help me get a way out how to do that, show me right documentation or something else

Thank you for advance

5 REPLIES 5
ltopchyi
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @Armen 

think of using a ready solution as an alternative to developiong your own. For example, you can consider Power BI Connector for Zendesk - it is ready-to use no-code integration. 

Liuba

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Armen,

In Power BI report server, as the report published to the report server, as long as the admin grant client users proper permission on System level and Item level, the client users can access to corresponding item stored in web portal. See: Grant user access to a report server

If the client users want to publish reports to power bi report server, they need to have Power BI Pro license. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi thank you for replying, maybe I have described not clearly my problem, let me clarify it, I have php application which have reporting system,  and  my php outputs json data, now my client wants to create power bi add-in like zenddesk 

2017-11-16_1415.png

That the user click on it  and opens  this popup 

2017-11-16_1421.png

when user clicks on it "Sign in" opens popup with some webview
and user can login in to this server after which reporting data must loads to the power bi

I want  to create such a thing , I want  to publish a data type like zendesk with our company logo and name, that the users click on login in to our php app and load his reporting data 

but so many informations and I can't find how to do that, please if you have any experience share a documentation where described which I need 

Hi @Armen,

It's not possible in Power BI report server, you can vote this similar idea: Edit Power BI report in the browser in Report Server

In Power BI service, we can do it. See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-connect-to-zendesk

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi.
I want to create app like zendesk, I don't want to connect through zendesk. The companies can have account in my server, and analysts will be able login his company account, and load data from my server each analist will be able to create hisown graphics and so on... I just need provide abelity to login and load data.

I have created custom connector .mez project with m language but I don't know how to publish it that users can be able to connect to my application from web and desktop the same way 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.