Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Miruthan
Advocate II
Advocate II

Error when uplpoading .PBIX file in to PowerBi report server

Hi,

We upgraded to PowerBI report server November release, but When i am uploading .PBIX file to Report server I encountered below error.

There was an error uploading your .pbix file. Verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file.

Data Source : SQL Server 2016 and import data option.

is Still PowerBI report server dont support other data source except SSAS live connection ?

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Miruthan,

1. Please ensure you are running the latest Power BI report server 1.1.6530.30789 and desktop version 2.51.4885.1423 64-bit (October 2017). 

2. Open web portal, check if you are able to publish view Upload button. 

3. Please try to create a new report get data from the same database then publish again to see if the issue related to the report itself. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
cmikos
Helper I
Helper I

The November GA supports data sources other than SSAS. For the complete list look here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/data-sources

What version of the client did you create the report in?

cyclist007
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Have you added the "NT SERVICE\PowerBIReportServer" account to the server? That resolved it for me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.