Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Markkeny
Frequent Visitor

Embed image in Power BI Report Server report

All,

We can embed an image (both directly and through a url) in a report running on Power BI Desktop, and publish it up to the Power BI Report Server, however when we open the report the image does not show.  If we put the image into the tabular SSAS cube then we cannot bring it into the Power BI Desktop report.

Please could you advise if this is something that we are doing wrongly, or if it is not supported at present.

Thanks very much

Regards,

Mark

6 REPLIES 6
shiboli
Employee
Employee

A new update has pushed to fix embedded image issue, please upgrade your server to see if it works: https://aka.ms/pbireportserver

Markkeny
Frequent Visitor

All,

Ok so we can do it by embedding the image in the tabular model, and setting its datatype to ImageUrl, however this is obviously a clunky way to display the company logo on a report.

Is there a way of doing this just using the insert image from the Power BI Desktop for Reporting Services client ?

Thanks

Mark

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. You are doing everything correct and it looks like we have a regression with how images are loaded from the .pbix files when viewing them on Power BI Report Server. We are able to reproduce the issue, and are looking to get it fixed soon. I'll update this thread when we have more information. 

Sorry for the inconvience. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem. Solved temporarily using URL images.

Also when I publish my reports in Power BI Report Server, my matrix preview visualizations don't work (the structure appear but they cannot load the data). Also in Power BI RS Desktop, cannot find the "Preview features" under the "Options" to import the table and matrix preview visualizations.

Any idea how to solve this problem?

Best regards.

Unfortunately, Power BI RS Desktop does not support preview features, so matrix preview visualizations will not work.

I am happy to report that we are fixing the image issue now and it will be released with other bug fixes soon.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will Power BI RS Desktop support preview features (table and matrix) on the next release?

Best regards,

Luísa

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.