Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sporri
Regular Visitor

Email subscriptions random failues

Hi.

I have the following problem.

I have a PBIRS (mars 2018) server upgraded from SSRS 2012 database which had plenty of email subscriptions of paginated reports.

The subscriptions run most of the time but randomly some of them fail giving the following error in the Subscriptions table "The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded." or "The report server has encountered a configuration error. " and the email is not sent.  

A reschedule of the subscription will the allow it to run and send the email or it will run the next time it's scheduled.

I have changed the log level to debug in the rsreportserver.config file but cannot find any errors that are correlating in time or to the schedule ID's

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sporri
Regular Visitor

This ended as a support call to Microsoft. 

It turned out that the report server process was not reading the exension dlls and a later update of the March build fixed the scheduling problem and it is also fixed in the August release. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sporri
Regular Visitor

This ended as a support call to Microsoft. 

It turned out that the report server process was not reading the exension dlls and a later update of the March build fixed the scheduling problem and it is also fixed in the August release. 

em172967
Frequent Visitor

I'm having a similar issue. Lots of paginated report subscriptions and they all worked fine on Mar 2018 PBI RS. Recently upgraded to Aug 2018 PBI RS and now the subscriptions intermittently fail with errors like below, which is clearly a permissions issue. However, re-running it without changing any permissions solves the problem....atleast for awhile.

Failure sending mail: The permissions granted to user '' are insufficient for performing this operation.Mail will not be resent.

I got "The Delivery extension could not be loaded" randomly.
But I got this as well, enable debug tracing for the report server (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/report-server/report-server-service-trace-lo...) and double check the mail setup that the account has relay permissions on the smtp server and get the SMTP admin to check the mail server logs. Most likely the SMTP server is blocking you from sending email

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.