Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gesgin
Helper I
Helper I

Date format problem after scheduled refresh

Hi,

The date format that I'm using on Power BI Desktop development is DDMMYYYY. Date format of the server that report server was installed is also DDMMYYYY. After I deploy the report to report server, there's no problem. However, after scheduled refresf, on a particular part of the report, the date format is recognised as MMDDYYYY, so I see 1 October as 10 January. How can I fix that problem?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

It seems it's not a browser problem. We found another solution and it works fine for now.

Thank you

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
CorefocusHS

I have the same issue, what did you do to fix it?

For me my data is fine in the Windows PowerBI Editor and also looks good right after I publish it to the web. However after I refresh the dataset to get the latest information the dates I set to use locale revert back with no explanation why.

Please find my comment post below:

1. Select the table with the date field
2. Navigate to Table tools (on the ribbon)
3. Select Transform data (The power query will open)
4. Navigate to the table with the date field and right-click on it
5. Select "Change Type" then "Using Locale" change data type to date and select the Locale you wish
6. Enjoy 

gchris05
Regular Visitor

I had the same problem, but the browser settings didn't solve it. In the end, I manage to solve it by changing the locale of the "Date" field using the power query.
Steps:
1. Select the table with the date field
2. Navigate to Table tools (on the ribbon)
3. Select Transform data (The power query will open)
4. Navigate to the table with the date field and right-click on it
5. Select "Change Type" then "Using Locale" change data type to date and select the Locale you wish
6. Enjoy 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gesgin,

Did you use the same browser on the same machine to view the report before and after schedule refresh? 

Please try to run the latest Power BI report server version. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

It seems it's not a browser problem. We found another solution and it works fine for now.

Thank you

Hello! Can you share your solution? I'm having the same problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.