Venn Diagram

Frequent Visitor
1519 Views
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Venn Diagram

Venn diagrams show overlapping regions based on values within sets. The R visualization code provided in this Power BI desktop file will take a dynamic set of columns (based on the values you add in the fields pane), perform the overlap analysis, and display the diagram. This code will work with up to 5 columns.

Prerequisites (The sample .pbix files will not work without these prerequites completed)

1. Install R Engine: Power BI Desktop does not include, deploy or install the R engine. To run R scripts in Power BI Desktop, you must separately install R on your local computer. You can download and install R for free from many locations, including the Revolution Open download page, and the CRAN Repository
  2. Install the required R packages: VennDiagram
Attachment
Attachment

Re: Venn Diagram

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for this wonderful R-showcase.  If you consider to convert this or one of your future R-visuals to R-powered-custom visuals, out team will be happy to assist you. 

The visibility of R-powered custom visuals is greater and it is not limited for R-users. 

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for the R script. 

However, for my requirement when I add a 5th column, the labels get truncated. Do you have any suggestion so as to how we can overcome that?

I've attached your file with my modifications to show you the problem I'm facing.

Thanks

Mark

Attachment

Try changing parameters of 

venn.diagram

For example margin: 

venndiagram <- venn.diagram(listdataset, filename=NULL, na="remove", fill = listcolor, margin = 0.1)