ARIMA forecasting

3504 Views
Highlighted

ARIMA forecasting

[ Edited ]

ARIMA forecastin will soon be available as R-powered custom visual.

ARIMA modeling is the general class of models for forecasting a time series. ARIMA stands for an Autoregressive Integrated Moving Average and is among the most popular forecasting techniques. 

You may find rich set of parameters inside R-code behind the R visual. Both user mode and automatic modes are available. 

Attachment
Attachment
Frequent Visitor

Re: ARIMA forecasting

Thanks a lot. I was looking for this code for a long time. Any plans to develop code for multivariate time series like VAR(Vector Auto regression)

I am glad you find it useful (don't forget to click on "kudos"). 

We have long list of candidates for next-coming R-powered custom visuals.  I will add multivariate time-series analysis to the list Smiley Happy 

We also strongly encourage users like you to submit their own R-script showcases here. 

VT2 Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

I understand that 'Publish to web' is in the pipeline for R visuals - hopefully this can incorporate ARIMA and VAR analysis

Hi VT2

Publish to web supports R visuals

Visitor

Hi I am using hte ARIMA forecasting R-powered custom visual.  I am not able to export the forecasted values, the export function only exports my histrical data and not the ARIMA forecasted values?

What i am doing wrong?

Andre

Hi @avisagie,

You doing nothing wrong. Unfortunatly R-visuals and R-Custom Visuals are not yet supporting customized data export.

You welcome to request this feature in user-voice
https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Regular Visitor

Re: ARIMA forecasting Custom Visual

Hi, I am using ARIMA forecasting custom visual, While mid of my development, I am facing the error "Plotly is not defined"  (java script error) unfortunately.

It was showing the trend perfectly. But I am facing this issue past couple of days. Can any one help me out.

I have downloaded the necessary packages of R and I am developing ARIMA custom visual in offline. Is this requires internet connection ?

Regards,

Senthil D

[ Edited ]

Hi @141507

I never had javascript errors with plotly .
I'd recommend you to remove all R packages and install them from the beginning, you can try installing them from RStudio rather than from PBI desktop. Try using another R-engine (for example 3.3.x and 3.4..x).  As well, update the Power BI desktop to the most recent one.  Hope it helps. 

Regular Visitor

Hi @boefraty,

Thanks for your suggestion, I will do the same by installing R 3.4.1 and latest power BI. I have one clarification whether this custom visual of ARIMA forecasting requires online for all time ?

Regards,

Senthil D