Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Jimm
Regular Visitor

Selling PowerBI Dashboard access

Hi guys!

I'm not really sure if this kind of post fits this forum 😛

I work for a small company and we are currently trying to figure out if we could sell PowerBI dashboard access to our customers.

We are currently developing dashboards for different customers and we need to move to a cloud platform, our main idea is to create a common portal where they can access and only be able to view their data (Maybe assigning security by group)...

I'm not really sure if this could be possible with PowerBI as fas I know you create the PowerBI access for your company and you can add users under your domain, not really sure if you could add users from different domains and pay for their access.

3 REPLIES 3
opticshrew
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @Jimm

Depending on how you provide access to these users you could embed the report into a webpage then depending on who is accessing the data apply a parameter onto the end of your embeded URL e.g.

?filter=Store/Territory eq 'NC'

The above example would filter your embeded report by "Store/Territory. Here is a link to embedding reports using Power Bi and Power Bi Report Server.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedding-content

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/quickstart-embed

If you're using Sharepoint you could create an iFrame to embed this 🙂 

Hope this helps,

J

ctekesin
Regular Visitor

This is also one of our goals and we are wondering the answer for the same question.

What steps should we take to sell our Power BI reports?

Any suggestion?

Maki

Did you find a solution Jimm? I guess with Azure you could manage access? Or if you run an app on a subdomain you could probably set a username/password with .htaccess ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors