Frequent Visitor

SCCM Solution Template Conflicting C++ versions

Hi,

I'm working through setting this solution up on a demo environment with the Solution Template on the SCCM server and have found after many hours of troubleshooting there is mismatch in the version of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) installed as part of the Solution template and the version required for SCCM to be able to complete updates.

The Solution Template installs 12.0.40649.5, while SCCM only supports 12.0.21005.1 Can we please have the version which is auto deployed with the Solution Template changed to 12.0.21005.1 or have the Auto Installation feature turned off as this could end up being a Major issue which would result in a full environment of SCCM if the Admin doesn't understand what is happening.

Cheers

Steve

Frequent Visitor

Re: SCCM Solution Template Conflicting C++ versions

Hi Steve,

Along with the template we install the ODBC drivers for SQL 2016 and the MSVC patch (to preempt the problems described here and here). That aside, we are actively investigating internally, this is the first time such issue is reported. Can you please let us know what SCCM version you have?

Thank you!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: SCCM Solution Template Conflicting C++ versions

Hi,

we are using current branch, so have just recently moved from 1610 to 1703 which is where I have found the issue. We are on server 2012 r2 with an on box sql of 2014. 

To repo the issue I would suggest to install a vanilla SCCM current branch, and before completing the in console upgrade install the solution template. Once the template is installed then upgrade SCCM, and monitor the sitecomp.log file, you should see it attempting to install the vc redistributable when it is re added each of the components of SCCM.

cheers

steve