Highlighted
Established Member
Accepted Solution

How to load historical tweets?

Is there any possible way to get this solution to pull in historical tweets? 

Our expectation (as shown in the demo video) was to see months of historical tweets loaded.

Accepted Solutions
Regular Visitor

Re: How to load historical tweets?

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the feedback. I'll keep you posted on when we release an update that supports historical tweets being brought in. Should be in the next 1-2 weeks! Smiley Happy

Justyna

View solution in original post

Regular Visitor

Hi Mike,

Just a quick update- we've changed the solution to bring in 100 historical tweets when you start things up. We are in parallel looking to see if we can increase that limit. 

A few other changes that went in include 

- Updating the Azure Function to run in C# making it more scalable than Python

- Swapped the Python sentiment libraries for the Cortana Analytics Cognitive Services

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Justyna

View solution in original post

All Replies
Regular Visitor

Hi Mike,

The demo on the webpage shows about 10 days of data. We set up the solution template and waited a few days for data to be collected. That is our general recommendation for users doing demos/setting up solutions as well. Collecting historical data is not currently possible but we are looking into this to see if we can update the template with this capability.

Best,

Justyna

Established Member

Hi Justyna,

That scenario just doesnt seem realistic for a demo to me.  The typical timelines expected for setting up a demo/PoC are a few hours or maybe a day at the most. Waiting days to see if you catch something worth looking at?

Without a working demo/PoC, most will not invest time and money in a solution.

Also most of the time the business question will be "help us analyze what the heck just happened?". Invitably the user is going to run a search on Twitter and say "why cant I see those results?".

Mike

Regular Visitor

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the feedback. I'll keep you posted on when we release an update that supports historical tweets being brought in. Should be in the next 1-2 weeks! Smiley Happy

Justyna

Established Member

That sounds great Justyna.  Please reach out if you need a beta tester - I have a failed solution I'd like to remedy ASAP.

Another scenario I hope will be resolved by this is where you change the Search Text in the logic app.  I copied my amended search from Twitter (where it was returning results), so I could only presume it was OK.  But for some reason the logic app stopped collecting Tweets, and due to the slow pace on the target accounts I didnt notice for a few days.  With the current solution those missed tweets can never be retrieved.

It would be good to be able to come back to an existing logic app and change the search text and then use the new search to retrieve historical tweets that meet the new criteria.

Frequent Visitor

Hi, this is marked as solved but i cant see a solution, can you help? 

Regular Visitor

Hi Rick,

We are working on a fix that should be in the template sometime next week. It will require setting up a new solution template from scratch though.

Justyna

Established Member

Any update on this @justynalucznik ?

Frequent Visitor

Set this up yesterday and still only shows data from time of start.

Showed this to our marketing dept they told me that its pointless as they can already get current data.

It has to be historic to be of any use

Do we have a time line?

Thanks

Regular Visitor

Hi All,

We will be adding the functionality soon- targetting for next week, I'll post an update once it's out. @Mart this fix will bring in some historical data (100 latest tweets from last week) so that users don't start with a blank report. We are trying to up that limit so we can bring in a couple of hundred but that's a dependecy on another team. This will however not bring in months of historical Twitter data which is a limitation of the Twitter search API so I'm not sure if that will address your concerns.

Thanks,

Justyna